The ever popular string of hearts with its dainty leaves that hang on fine, thread like stems, create little waterfalls of growth... it's a poetic house plant.
Please also note, the stems of this plant get tangled very easily. When preparing the plant for delivery we will coil the stems up to protect them. It might take a bit of patience to untangle them properly, but it can be done.
Please note, the planter is not included.
Water regularly and thoroughly so the water reaches the plant’s deeper roots. Allow the top soil to dry out between each watering and make sure the roots are never sitting in water for a prolonged period.
Requires several hours of direct sun per day. Make sure the plant is close to a bright window, especially during winter months. A lack of light can lead to leggy stems/ low growth rate / loss of leaves.
- Avoid placing the planter next to radiators or draughty windows.
- Carefully wipe the leaves from time-to-time to remove any dust.
- Prune out any brown leaves or stems by cutting as close the next stem or the base of the plant as possible.
- Use some fertiliser during warmer months i.e. April to September (little and often is best for consistent growth).
- For more detailed plant care instructions, check out our Plant Care 101 guide.
No known toxic effects to cats, dogs, other pets or humans reported.