Like the 'string of hearts' this trailing plant is notable for it's interesting form and the contrasting colour displayed on the leaf underside. It will grow nice and densely with plenty of indirect sun light, and will be grateful if it's left to dry out slightly between watering.
Watering: allow top soil to dry out in-between watering
Light requirements: medium light
Pot size / Height: p16cm
Please note, the planter is not included.
Water regularly and thoroughly so the water reaches the plant’s deeper roots. Allow the top soil to dry out between each watering and make sure the roots are never sitting in water for a prolonged period.
Requires plenty of indirect light but may suffer if it gets too much direct sunlight. A lack of light can lead to leggy stems/ low growth rate / loss of leaves.
- Avoid placing the planter next to radiators or draughty windows.
- Carefully wipe the leaves from time-to-time to remove any dust.
- Prune out any brown leaves or stems by cutting as close the next stem or the base of the plant as possible.
- Use some fertiliser during warmer months i.e. April to September (little and often is best for consistent growth).
- For more detailed plant care instructions, check out our Plant Care 101 guide.
Pot size: 12cm / Height: 20cm
No known toxic effects to cats, dogs, other pets or humans reported.