A tropical vine with heart shaped beautifully coloured leaves, that have a burgundy vein with dark green and silver markings and red underneath. The Rex Begonia Vine climbs with pink tendrils, it requires bright conditions with mainly indirect/dappled light and regular watering.
Please note, the planter is not included in the price.
Water regularly and thoroughly so the water reaches the plant’s deeper roots. Allow the top soil to dry out between each watering and make sure the roots are never sitting in water for a prolonged period.
Requires plenty of indirect light but may suffer if it gets too much direct sunlight. A lack of light can lead to leggy stems/ low growth rate / loss of leaves.
- Avoid placing the planter next to radiators or draughty windows.
- Carefully wipe the leaves from time-to-time to remove any dust.
- Prune out any brown leaves or stems by cutting as close the next stem or the base of the plant as possible.
- Use some fertiliser during warmer months i.e. April to September (little and often is best for consistent growth).
- For more detailed plant care instructions, check out our Plant Care 101 guide.
Considered mildly toxic. Keep away from pets and children.